We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The Poptropica Blimp
The Poptropica Blimp is a large yellow and gold striped blimp used to navigate the player throughout the islands on Poptropica. When you go into the blimp, from on the island, you are brought to the map to visit other islands. It was created by monkeys during the events of Monkey Wrench Island.
Location of the Blimp[edit | edit source]
The Poptropica blimp appears in every island up to Survival. This is because every island, until Arabian Nights, follows Survival Island was an episodic island, because adding multiple blimps on an island's different episodes would be odd, especially considering that some of them take place fully in buildings or areas in similar positions. Players could access the map (on all of these islands, as well as all of the other SUI islands) through a blimp icon located in the menu.
The blimp, despite Survival being an episodic island, is in Survival, because it plays a fairly large role in the island.
Following the episodic islands (since Poptropica changed back to releasing full islands), the blimp still has yet to have returned, not being in Galactic Hot Dogs Island. However, the blimp returns in Mystery of the Map.
The blimp plays an even bigger role in Monkey Wrench Island. Since the island is the prequel to every other island, the blimp hasn't been created yet. You have to go on an airplane with Amelia, which crashes and lands on the island, similar to Survival. Later, Crusoe gives you blueprints for a Flying Machine, which is really bad. However, the monkeys make the Flying Machine 2, the blimp, which allows you and Amelia to leave the island and win the race and medallion.
Blimp Toy[edit | edit source]
A toy blimp is available. It is inflatable and contains a small poptropican figure inside the bottom of the blimp. It comes with a promo code that can unlock a mini-island called Poptropica Blimp Adventure where you have to face an evil villain named Dr. Cumulo Nimbus who is destroying islands with his Storm Blimp.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Poptropica Blimp appears on every island except Galactic Hot Dogs Island, Mission Atlantis, Arabian Nights, and PoptropiCon. More on the reason behind this is explained in the "Location of the Blimp" section.
- On Steamworks Island, there is a small model of a Mech-Blimp in Sully's Shop.
- Wimpy Wonderland has a paper-sketched Blimp instead of a colored one, which fits the rest of the islands theme.
- When you're shrunk on Shrink Ray Island, you have to use a Toy Blimp to travel to other islands. Also, in the sneak peek game Shrink Shot, the Poptropica Blimp floats about the room.
- Mystery Train has the Blimp in two places: Main Street and the train rest stop. If you need to go to another island while you are on the John Bull, you can speak with the conductor and he will let you out at a stop where the blimp is.
- While on the moon's surface on Lunar Colony, there is a blimp in the area Lunar Surface.
- It is revealed in the Skullduggery Island book, the blimp's nickname is Aurora.
- In Back Lot Island, the blimp was referenced for the first time during the course of the island quest being called a "Golden blimp".
- The Blimp is wrecked in Survival after a lightning strike, although it is still accessible by the new menu. It is seen still broken in episode 5.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination
The Poptropica Blimp on the Map
A Poptropican-level view of the Blimp