|Island(s)||Shark Tooth Island|
Shark Guy, previously known as Shark Boy, is a male dressed up as a shark inside the Shark Museum on Shark Tooth Island. He is one of the most popular characters, and was an alias of the Poptropica Creator Nate Greenwall.
As of April 2014, Shark Boy changed his avatar name to Shark Guy and his username to sharkguycreator. All external appearances of Shark Boy were covered up as well. Read more about the disappearance here.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Shark Guy is a grumpy character - while the first two questions you ask him are answered politely, he soon grows tired of you, and admits that he's not a real shark, and is just a guy trying to make a living. His shark outfit has visible stitches and a shark fin similar to the one you can receive from the Shark Fin Vendor. He holds a fish that is seemingly dead. With relaxed eyes and unhappy smile, he's every kind of melancholy.
Storyline[edit | edit source]
You'll find Shark Guy inside the Shark Museum on Shark Tooth Island. He's on the bottom floor, inside a pool of shallow water. When prompted, he will answer your first two questions, and then will tell you that he's just trying to make a living.
In the animated short "Shark Toon", Shark Guy explains why sharks bite humans.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Other than appearing on Shark Tooth Island, Shark Guy is a star in the Poptropica universe, appearing in everything from t-shirts to toys. In April 2014, however, the majority of his appearances and all around evidence of existence were almost completely eradicated. Here is a list of his appearances (mostly now deleted or replaced by another character).
- Shark Tooth Island (main appearance)
- Shrink Ray Island (A plush toy in CJ's dresser drawer)
- Daily Pop Mascot (now replaced)
- Avatar Studio Card (Shown on the card bought in the store - now replaced)
- Shark Boy on the Creators Blog (now deleted or replaced by Captain Crawfish)
- Shark Boy costume item (name now changed to Shark Costume)
Toys[edit | edit source]
- Shark Boy 6 inch Action Figure (now removed)
- Shark Boy Plush (now removed)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His favorite island is Shark Tooth Island.
- His suit looks similar to the Tiger Shark Costume in the Poptropica Store.
- Shark Guy doesn't appear in the Poptropica Blog anymore.
- His outfit is also similar to the Hammerhead Shark costume.
- Shark Guy wore the Tiger Shark costume before on his Poptropican, on the Poptropica Creators' Blog.
- Shark Guy is a famous Poptropican.
- There have been 2 Shark Boy toys. One being a 6' figure, and the other being a plush toy. They have different promo codes, which can be used to obtain different items.
- He wrote the plot for the Haunted House mini-island.
- His username was originally sharkboycreator, but was replaced with sharkguycreator in 2014.
- He was on the Poptropica Avatar Studio card in the Poptropica Store until 2014 when he was replaced by Master Mime.
- He used to be on the Daily Pop until he was replaced by Dr. Hare.
Gallery[edit | edit source]