||This is easy. Any old blockhead can design games!
Mocktropica is the 37th island released on Poptropica, being released for members on December 19, 2013 and for non-members on January 16, 2014. In it, you help to find all of the Poptropica employees in order to finish an island Poptropica is working on.
||Poptropica is under new management, and it's falling apart at the seams! The newest Island isn't finished, the staff is nowhere to be found, and you can't take two steps without running into a game-breaking bug. Get ready to go behind the scenes for your most important adventure yet — because this time, you've got to save Poptropica itself!
||Behind the scenes ... It's organized chaos ... Explore the island ... As it is built around you ...
- Writer's ID Badge
- Designer's ID Badge
- Developer's ID Badge
- Cheese Curds
- Climbing Axe
- Counterfeit Pop Coins
- Bucket Bot Costume (After you finish the bonus quest)
Poptropica Store Exclusive[edit | edit source]
- This island seems to contain many references to previous islands, including a shark statue from Shark Tooth Island, the Hair Club from Spy Island, a Greek statue from Mythology Island, a cactus from Wild West Island, and the sewage from Super Power Island.
- The Common Room sign somewhat reads "The Blue Locust, est. 2007" which is the year Poptropica got released.
- The cake that you receive after testing is a reference from the popular video game franchise, Portal. It's a Black Forest cake.
- The third floor of Poptropica HQ has a sign advertising “Sports Nectar, Poptropica’s favorite sports drink” – first seen on Cryptids Island.
- The trash can has many rejected villains inspired by villains from popular islands. There is a blueprint with "Return of the Balloon Boy" on it, referencing Counterfeit Island, and a script that says Monster Carnival circled with a "NOPE". This is a reference to the originally scrapped Monster Carnival.
- Inside the basement, the paper on the wall has the Konami Code.
- The climber claims that he's tired of Poptropica and that he'll go climb a mountain over at "Walrus Den" or something. This may be a reference to Club Penguin.
- The scene where you break the loading scene with your head is a reference to Super Mario Bros.
- The woman at the end claims the island would not be finished without a "Poptropica-styled twist. A main villain who has been hiding in plain sight all along." This is a reference to Spy Island, Counterfeit Island and Super Villain Island, which all have a similar plot twist.
- The names Billy Jordan and Lance Pitcher refer to actual creators of Poptropica, Jordan Leary and Jon Pitcher respectively.
- Inside of the Cheese Factory, there is a poster that says "We Can Moo It!" It is a reference to the WWII Propoganda Poster saying "We Can Do It!"
- In response to you asking if you can cross the gorge,the Safety Inspector quotes the famous line "You shall not pass!" from Lord Of The Rings.