Medusa is a gorgon featured on Mythology Island.
Medusa wears a dark purple toga with a matching cloak. Her mouth is pulled into a frown which is covered in lipstick that matches her clothes. Instead of hair, snakes grow out of Medusa's head. She has pale skin and wears makeup on her cheeks and under her eyes. When she prepares to turn Hercules to stone, she does the 'angry' gesture and her head flies off before connecting with her neck again.
When you and Hercules enter Mount Olympus, Hercules sees a small snake and attempts to get rid of it. As it turns out, the snake was actually Medusa, who appeared and promptly turned Hercules to stone. This scene is brief and even though she is classified as an enemy, Medusa doesn't really stand in the way of the player apart from turning Hercules into a statue.
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief Ad[edit | edit source]
Medusa also makes an appearance in the Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief ad as a major antagonist, except here, she has red rays of light radiating from her eyes.
You can get Medusa's hair in the store. There is is a Medusa Surfer item you can redeem with a special code that comes with Poptropica Adventures.
- She came in 4th place in the 2011 Villain Showdown.
- In real life, her name is Tracey West. She wrote the book Poptropica: The Official Guide, as well as many other Poptropica books.
- In original Greek mythology, it would be impossible for Medusa and Hercules to meet as Medusa was decapitated, and therefore killed, by Perseus, Hercules' ancestor, before Hercules was even born.
- One of the items players can get by redeeming a code from the Poptropica Adventures game is a Medusa Surfer costume.
- Despite being a enemy, she doesn't stand in the player's way at all, she simply turns Hercules into stone out of annoyance.
- Because of her minor role and very brief appearance, there is no known way to customize her (excluding the snake hair that can be bought in-store and the redeemable costume that was loosely based on her design.
Medusa disguised as a snake.
Medusa talking to Hercules in Mythology island.
Medusa's snake hair item in the store.
Medusa preparing to turn Hercules to stone.