Early Poptropica Island is the 1st island quest in Poptropica. It was released in September 2007 when the game first launched.
|| Poptropica's oldest inhabitants have a problem: someone's been stealing their stuff! To return what's rightfully theirs, you'll explore creepy sewers, pitch-black caverns, and even a giant's garden in the clouds. See how it all began with the very first Poptropica Island: Early Poptropica!
| —Poptropica Tours
3 items belonging to the Pilgrims have been stolen, and you have to find them. Starting in the sewers, you'll find a lost Prized Porker, then a Golden Egg. The egg can be given to a Purple Giant in the sky, who will let you pass into his garden. There, you'll find a Water Bucket. You'll then find a Aircraft Graveyard, and obtain a Jet Pack, which you will use to get back down to earth. You plop right onto the top of a water tower, which happens to be where the last stolen item is - a Signal Flag! Returning the stolen items, the village can function again - and with the flag raised, a ship comes in the port. The traveler on the ship awards you the island medallion.
These pictures are collected in your Poptropica photo album in the profile section. Click to enlarge.
- Early Poptropica is Poptropica’s 1st island quest. It was the pilot island quest released when Poptropica first opened in September 2007.
- This is the only island quest with two multiplayer rooms, the Soda Pop Shop and Arcade. The Arcade only appears when there are no advertisement buildings.
- You can change your skin color with the pigment balloons at Poptropica Towers.
- The 8-bit pilgrims is a reference to the pixel art style of early video games.
- Early Poptropica used to be the only island without a logo, until the first revamp of the official Island Tour pages. The words Early Poptropica were written on the Map with Poptropica’s title font, Ghostkid AOE.
- This is considered one of the easiest islands to complete, along with Shark Tooth Island.
- The PopArt Museum on Main Street features the characters and works of artists such as Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent van Gogh, and Georges-Pierre Seurat. The museum is also visited during theCounterfeit Island quest. Its name does not quite fit with the exhibit, which does not contain any works from the pop art movement.
- You can also find a hidden Hypnotic costume by clicking on a window in Poptropica Towers. The window is on the green tower and is the window with the orange flower on the sill. To find it, click on the top left part of the window.
- Even though the Early Poptropica sign says "EST. 1983", there are countless continuity errors. For example, Time Tangled Island itself is a continuity error.
- The Purple Giant is a reference to Jack and the Beanstalk.