|| Quiet on the set!
| —Carson Willis
Back Lot Island is the 34th island released on Poptropica, being released for members on April 4, 2013 and for non-members on April 25, 2013. In it, you help a film director create and direct his new film to finally get out of hiding.
From Poptropica Tours
|| The greatest filmmaker of all time has come out of hiding, and he needs your help to make his masterpiece. But will you be producing the next big blockbuster, or is there trouble in tinseltown? From the first frame to the final cut, it's lights, camera, action!
| —Poptropica Tours
From the Trailer
|| Lights Camera Action! ... Go behind the scenes! ... Make movie magic! ...
| —Back Lot Island's trailer
First 10 Finishers
- Small Lobster
- Magic Sword
- Shaggy Foot
- Red Penguin
- Silver Jumper
- Quick Fang
- Gentle Eagle
- Orange Goose
- Smart Heart
- Skinny Drummer
- Kirk Strayer
- Carson Willis
- Madison (A girl in the talent agency who had her house sold)
- Dakota (Another girl in the talent agency whose special talent is cue crying)
- Lacey Williams
- Telephoto Camera
- Camera Film
- Infant-sized Coffee
- Screenplay Pages
- Actress Headshot
- White Cowboy Hat
- Black Cowboy Hat
- Film Reel
- Movie Camera (Bonus Quest only)
Poptropica Store Exclusives
Director Costume (female)
The common room in this island is the Celebrity Wax Museum.
Photo Album Photos
Transported By The Magic Of The Movies/We're Not In Poptropica Anymore!
Back Lot Island Desktop Wallpaper
Back Lot Island Printable Poster
- The movie company, Digital Dreamscapes, is named after and has a similar logo to Dreamworks.
- The character on the monitor inside Digital Dreamscapes looks similar to Gollum from Lord of the Rings. The actor also mentions Middle Earth, which is the realm where Lord Of The Rings takes place.
- Sunrise Street is a reference to Sunset Boulevard, a famous street in Hollywood.
- In the One-Of-A-Kind Talent Agency, behind Lacey Williams, there are portraits of Poptropicans resembling film stars Shirley Temple, Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford, Stan Laurel, and Oliver Hardy.
- On the menu board in the cafe, it says sizes: Behemoth, Leviathan, and Goliath, which is possibly a reference to Scott Westerfeild's Leviathan trilogy.
- The small trophies in the Celebrity Wax Museum are very similar to Academy Awards.
- There are wax figures inside the Celebrity Wax Museum based off of Groucho Marx, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, and Audrey Hepburn.
- At the theater, there is a poster for The Hobo, which is a reference to The Hobbit.
- The name of a film playing at the theater, "Cactus Von Garlic 2: Deadly Breath:, is a reference to the vampire hunter, Cactus Von Garlic, from Vampire's Curse Island. It is also a reference to the poster on the wall of the Vampire's Curse Island cinema.
- At the theater, there is a poster for George Washington vs The Space Freaks, which is a reference to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.
- The theater seen on the island is actually based off of the TCL Chinese Theater.
- The plot about the famous director Carson Willis sneaking into an abandoned lot to make movies was actually based off of the true stories of one of the most famous filmmakers of all time, Steven Spielberg.
- When you land in the movie studio you say to the dog in front of you, "I don't think we're in Poptropica anymore!", a reference to The Wizard of Oz.
- Next to the Queequeg's coffee shop on the left of main street, a man says he wants to write a movie and about astronauts, robots and medieval knights, but you tell him you think it's already been done, which is a reference to Astro-Knights Island.
- The rover from Lunar Colony appears at the sound stage 2 while you drive on the cart.
- Inside Kirk Strayer's trailer, there are costumizable mannequins that resemble Indiana Jones and Elvis Presley.
- A cardboard figure that looks like the Titanic sinking appears outside Soundstage 2. This may be a reference to Titanic and S.O.S Island.
- There is a sign in the distance behind Post Production that says "Poptropica", based off of the famous "Hollywood" sign.
- Everybody on Back Lot Island who you've met so far appears in the theater, with the exception of the people from Digital Dreamscapes, the guy standing outside Digital Dreamscapes, the Paparazzi, Sophia May, Carson Willis, and the ticket lady. Three critics also appear in the theater; the one in the middle wonders why he ended up in between "these two bickering critics" - one says anyone who says the front isn't the best place is an imbecile, and the other one says the opposite.
- After you finish the island, you will be constantly followed by a paparazzi on Main Street.
- Queequeg's Coffee house's logo looks like Starbucks Coffee's logo, so it may be an allusion.