|| In Holmes We Trust
Game Show Island is the 22nd island released on Poptropica.
Game Show Island takes place in a robotic version of the future. Here is a description from Poptropica.
|| Welcome to a future where robots rule. Building computers to compete on TV game shows seemed like a funny idea - until the machines wanted more. Now, after years of robotic dominance, Poptropica needs a savior. Are you clever enough to beat the robots at their own games, and restore the dignity of all Poptropicans?
- The Elderly Female Robot
- The Elderly Female Robot's Umbrella Carrier
- Dan-E Dictionot
- The Former Handyman
- Art Museum Robot
- The Hat Wearing Robot
- The Wrench-Holding Factory Worker
- The Male Factory Worker
- The Screwdriver-Holding Factory Worker
- The Watching Robot #1
- The Watching Robot #2
- The Club Nouveau Riche Security Bot
- The Pool Playing Robot
- The Club Nouveau Riche Waiter
- The Heated Circuits Robot
- The Guy Who Says That The Inventor is Hiding
- The Fan Holding Girl
- The Robot Who Lost Her Food
- The Owner of Club Nouveau Riche
- Dr. Harold Langley (The Inventor)
- The Athlete Robot
- The Starlet Robot
- Ironhead V-2
- Electric Fan
- Heat Vision Goggles
- Jet Remote Control
- Ticket to Scaredy Pants
- Ticket to $pin for Riche$
- Ticket to Kerplunk
- Ticket to Brainiacs
- Ticket to Mr. Yoshi's Super Terrific Challenge
- Island Medallion
Poptropica Store Exclusive[edit | edit source]
Outlines seen in Game Show Island
- Inside the museum, you can find a robotic version of Gothic America, Whistler's Mother, and The Thinker.
- When you watch the video in the museum at the very end you can see silhouettes of Crusher, Dr. Hare, Betty Jetty, Ned Noodlehead, Mordred & Binary Bard, and Director D.
- The nickel that you earn from the Club Nouveau Riche owner reads "In Holmes We Trust", which is based off of the American nickel reading "In God We Trust"
- The pool table in Club Nouveau Riche is made by Cubeball Dynamics Inc., named after the ball used in pool.
- All of the cities where the game shows are held, sans Miami, are the largest cities of their countries.
- In Miami there's a helicopter made by Roflcopter Inc., named after the internet meme ROFLcopter.
- The binary on the bell tower in Buenos Aires translates to "in holmes we trus", with some trailing digits that begin the binary number for "t".
- The robot host of Game Show Island's sneak peak game, Money Ladder, appears twice during the island. The first time he can be seen on the televisions located in each of the cities. The second time he can be seen in the Robots Only area of Club Nouveau Riche.
- Holmes is a reference to Sherlock Holmes, the famous detective of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories. However, the actual machine may be inspired by Watson, the IBM computer that claimed victory on the real world gameshow, Jeopardy. This is because Watson is also the name of Sherlock Holmes' partner.
- The Inventor mentioned a uPad, a parody of the iPad.
- All of the game shows are inspired by real game shows: